Following Activision’s victory in the Christmas battle and Ubisoft’s in the New Year chart, it’s business as usual this week with EA’s FIFA series claiming the top spot in ChartTrack’s first 2008 Top 40 – just as it did in 2007.
Last week’s number one, Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed, drops to number four after a 70 per cent drop in sales. There isn’t a single title in the Top 40 that doesn’t lose sales this week, including Call of Duty 4, which despite a 56 per cent drop in sales climbs one position to second spot.
Else where in the chart, The Golden Compass claims its highest chart position yet, climbing to seventh place whilst THQ’s WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 comes perilously close to dropping out of the Top Ten.
Re-entries include Nintendo’s Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree in 25th and EA’s Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in 40th.
The ChartTrack All Formats Top 10 in full:
1. FIFA 08 (EA)
2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
3. The Simpsons Game (EA)
4. Assassin’s Creed (Ubisoft)
5. Need for Speed: ProStreet (EA)
6. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami)
7. The Golden Compass (Sega)
8. More Brain Training from Dr. Kawashima (Nintendo)
9. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Activision)
10. WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 (THQ)