Gamescom is almost over and, to finish on a high note, we talk to Oculus’ head of content Jason Rubin, who tells us demos for the Rift headset will bring people back to physical retailers.
MCV @ Gamescom also speaks to CI Games, which wants to reach the heights of fellow Polish blockbusters Dying Light and The Witcher III with Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3.
Elsewhere, Telltale’s head of creative communications Job Stauffer tells us about how the games industry should reconsider how it categorises genres, and publisher Dontnod talks about how Life is Strange has transformed the firm.
In addition, we talk to Respawn about Titanfall 2 and how the studio is treating the game like a new IP.
You can also read our previews of the most anticipated games of the year, including Sea of Thieves and Dishonored 2.
The full contents of the issue are below. The digital edition can bereadhere.
- NEWS: ‘Oculus Rift will drive gamers to physical retailers’
- NEWS: CI Games wants to emulate Witcher III and Dying Light with Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3
- NEWS: Telltale: ‘We need to redefine video game genres’
- NEWS: ‘Publishers are now calling us’ – How Life is Strange has transformed Dontnod
- NEWS: Respawn: We are treating Titanfall 2 like a new IP
- TERRITORY REPORT: The UK games market remains a strong and vibrant one, despite the looming spectre of Brexit
- INDIE GAMES SECTOR INVESTIGATION: We speak to the top indie publishers and labels about the indieapocalypse
- PREVIEW: Sea of Thieves
- PREVIEW: Dishonored 2
- PREVIEW: Dead Rising 4
- PREVIEW: Rock Band Rivals
- PREVIEW: LawBreakers
- PLUS! The exhibitor guide to Gamescom, company profiles, schedule of the day and more.