Bioshock has lived up to the hype at retail this week, storming in at number one and becoming the second fastest-selling 360 game after Gears of War.
2K’s triple-A title outstrips chart stalwart Transformers, which drops one place to two, just ahead of Nintendo’s two Brain Training titles for DS at three and four. Fellow Nintendo titles Wii Play and Pokemon Diamond both fall this week to fifth and sixth spot respectively.
New entries in the chart this week come in the form of Microsoft RPG Blue Dragon, in at nine, and Moto GP ’07, which makes it to number 33. Ubisoft’s GRAW 2 also re-enters the chart at ten, thanks to new PS3 and PSP versions released last week.
So, the ChartTrack/ELSPA official all formats, all prices top ten for the week ending August 25th runs as follows:
1. Bioshock (2K Games)
2. Transformers: The Game (Activision)
3. Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training (Nintendo)
4. More Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training (Nintendo)
5. Wii Play (Nintendo)
6. Pokemon Diamond (Nintendo)
7. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (EA)
8. Surf’s Up (Ubisoft)
9. Blue Dragon (Microsoft)
10. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (Ubisoft)
For the complete top forty, take a look at ChartTrack’s official site