In today’s free edition of MCV, we reveal the state of the hardware market in the UK so far this year.
We also talk to Blizzard’s Michael Chu about Overwatch and how the shooter is going to stand out from the fierce competition in this sector.
Meanwhile, Sumo Digital’s Carl Cavers discusses being a studio for hire, self-publishing and Disney Infinity. And its pledge to remain independent.
We also look back at last week’s Women in Games Awards, featuring all the pictures, plus we speak with the six winners.
The full contents of this week’s issue are below. The digital edition can bereadhere.
- NEWS: PS4 is the only console to grow in 2016
- NEWS: Take-Two expects publishers will come back to E3 in 2017
- THE BIG GAME: Senior game designer Michael Chu talks about Blizzard’s Overwatch, its first new IP since 1998
- INTERVIEW: Sumo Digital: Welcome to the Pinewood Studios of games development
- INTERVIEW: Focus’ Lagarrigue discusses the publisher’s growing ambitions
- WOMEN IN GAMES PROFILES: Following this year’s Women in Games Awards, we speak to the six winners about their achievements and plans for the future
- MCV AWARDS INTERVIEW: Indigo Pearl’s Caroline Miller discusses indie games and the London Games Festival
- INDIE INTERVIEW: Lee and Susan Cummings talk about Doctor Who: Legacy
- Plus! Twitch recruits events marketing chief, Uncharted 4 tops the UK weekly charts, Dean Truelove from Kilmarnock’s Games Centre talks about Overwatch and Battleborn