Voting for the Golden Joystick Awards’ Ultimate Game of the Year 2018 is now open.
Voters have just one week to make their choice, with the winner announced at The Golden Joystick Awards ceremony on November 16th, 2018, at Bloomsbury Big Top in London. Once again, the awards will be hosted by comedian Danny Wallace, and once again, the event will be livestreamed.
Here’s the Ultimate Game of the Year shortlist:
● Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (Ubisoft)
● Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (Activision)
● Celeste (Matt Makes Games)
● Dead Cells (Motion Twin)
● Dragon Quest 11: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Square Enix)
● Fortnite Battle Royale (Epic Games)
● Forza Horizon 4 (Microsoft)
● God of War (Sony Santa Monica)
● Into The Breach (Subset Games)
● Marvel’s Spider-Man (Insomniac)
● Monster Hunter: World (Capcom)
● Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar Games)
● Subnautica (Unknown Worlds)
Now in its 36th year, The Golden Joystick Awards is the world’s largest and longest running public-voted gaming awards. The "event honours the people and products that have transformed the global games industry in 2018" and features 24 categories, the majority of which are voted for by the public.
"There’s a great variety of games in this year’s Ultimate Game of the Year shortlist," said Daniel Dawkins, global editor-in-chief at GamesRadar+. "We’re proud to present the spectacle of games like Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey and Red Dead Redemption 2 alongside year-defining hits like Fortnite and indie successes like Dead Cells and Into The Breach."
"I’m delighted to be returning to the much-loved Golden Joysticks for a third year, because it means I won’t have to stay at home and pay for a party to celebrate the very best in gaming on my own, which is pointless and needlessly expensive," host Wallace said. "This has been a cracking year for gamers. Let’s find out who’s responsible and why…"
To have your say, register your vote at goldenjoysticks.com.