The latest entry in Warner Bros’ Mortal Kombat series is once again in pole position of the GfK Chart-Track Top 40.
Mortal Kombat X holds the No.1 spot in spite of a 64 per cent dip in sales. In second place is Grand Theft Auto V, while Battlefield Hardline is at No.3.
Minecraft: PlayStation Edition shoots up five places to No.4 this week, as sales of the PlayStation 4 SKU rise 172 per cent. Overall, sales of the PlayStation version of Mojang’s hit construction game rose 52 per cent. This is likely thanks the PlayStation 4 and Minecraft hardware bundle that Argos has been selling. Another website has also been selling the title on its own for 9.99.
The only new title in this week’s charts is Kalypso’s Tropico 5, which launches on PS4, bringing the game back into the Top 40.
Below is the software Top 10 for the week ending April 25th:
1. Mortal Kombat X, Warner Bros
2. Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar
3. Battlefield Hardline, EA
4. Minecraft: PlayStation Edition, Sony
5. FIFA 15, EA
6. Minecraft: Xbox Edition, Microsof
7. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Activision Blizzard
8. Dying Light, Warner Bros
9. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, 2K Games
10. WWE 2K15, 2K Games