'I realised I had not shipped a game in seven years, I started to become anxious and depressed'

Far Cry 2 creative director Clint Hocking returns to Ubisoft

Former Far Cry 2 creative director Clint Hocking has returned to Ubisoft five years after leaving the publisher.

Hocking has gone on to join companies such as LucasArts, Valve and Amazon Game Studios, working on numerous unreleased projects.

In that time however, he has yet to ship a new game. In a blog post, he said the realisation started to make him “anxious and depressed”.

“But, as the five year mark approached, and I realised I had not shipped a game in seven years, I started to become anxious and depressed,” he wrote. “I am not a patient person, by nature.”

Hocking has now returned to Canada and will take up a position at Ubisoft’s Toronto office. He had previously worked at the Montreal studio during his last stint at the company.

Speaking on the Ubisoft Blog, Hocking said he would not be returning to the Splinter Cell series, having previously been lead designer on Chaos Theory. He is currently working on an unannounced project.

About MCV Staff

Check Also

32 EXPO GAMERS 2026: Europe’s Premier Gamedev Summit Finalizes Executive Program

EXPO GAMERS 2026: Europe’s Premier Gamedev Summit Finalizes Executive Program

OPATIJA, Croatia (May 29–30) — The third annual Expo Gamers conference and expo has published …